I can’t help but wonder what’s in a woman’s purse. I love peeking inside women’s handbags, especially because the contents of one’s handbag can tell a great deal about the owner and offer a brief look at the owner’s personality, essentials and lifestyle.
I rotate my bags. When I carry my Balenciaga bag, I usually eliminate a book and the pocket moleskine notebook because the bag is already slightly heavy. So, this is basically the essentials that you will find inside my two bags when I don’t attend school (add school books, pencil case, sheet music and a mac):
1. Umbrella (which I always carry with me, because I certainly cannot rely on the weather forecast. It protects me from getting soaked in the rain/snow and it protects my leather bag and the contents in it (such as my computer!)..
2. iPod (my form of isolation from the busy world)
3. Pouch (I use it as a wallet (because I haven’t found the perfect leather wallet yet), first-aid kit (band-aids, pain-killers, women-stuff etc) and a place to store tiny objects like a USB flash drive.)
4. Hand cream (something that I just recently started to carry as my hands get very dry and itchy in winter.)
5. Lipstick (not really a necessity, it’s been lying in my bag for months but once in a while I put it on.)
6. Concealer (because my skin is unpredictable.)
7. Novels (one in English and one in Norwegian. I like having two novels with me for every mood I could possibly be in. I spend several hours on public transportation each day, and I hardly ever have time to read at home. So when I’m not catching up on lost sleep I read.)
8. Pens (one fountain pen and one drawing pen (FYI I can’t draw)..)
9. Moleskine weekly notebook (One of my most important essentials. I’m doomed without my calendar.)
10. Pocket notebook (I love lists!)
11. Eucalyptus flavored gum (it’s a staple)
13. Vaseline (for dry lips and taming my eyebrows)
14. A matchbox (You never know when you’ll need it. –> Chemistry experiments)
15. An old-fashioned cell phone
16. Hand sanitizer (I’m a hygiene freak..)
When it comes to handbag essentials, I’ve always considered myself a minimalist compared to other women I know. But after writing down my handbag’s contents, it seems like I’m a maximalist rather than a minimalist. So, what do you carry in your bag? Do share in the comments!
I am also tagging everyone on my blogroll to do a post on their handbag essentials.