Harper Bazaar’s 10 commandments of dressing:
When contemplating a purchase or just deciding what to wear, consider these tenets and you can’t go wrong:
1. Know what you like and what you don’t.
2. Dress for yourself—not for anyone else.
3. Dress to suit your age.
4. Dress to suit your shape.
5. Look appropriate for where you are going.
6. Wear your clothes with confidence.
7. Feel good about what you spend your money on.
8. Embrace your individual style.
9. Don’t be a slave to the latest trend
10. Don’t be afraid to break the rules.